How do I become a front desk receptionist?
- Must possess a High School diploma or equivalency.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of office procedures and office equipment.
How many hours a day does a receptionist work?
Receptionists typically work 8 hour shifts, Monday thru Friday. The start and end times vary from site to site, and the availability you give them.
What is job description of receptionist?
Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately. Notifies company personnel of visitor arrival. Maintains security and telecommunications system. Informs visitors by answering or referring inquiries. Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories.