What are the materials of Polvoron?
Polvoron is a semi-sweet concoction made of toasted flour, powdered milk, sugar, and butter. This is considered as a dessert or snack in the Philippines wherein roasted rice puffs referred to locally as “pinipig” is added.
What is Filipino Polvoron made of?
Polvoron is a Filipino-style shortbread made of toasted flour, powdered milk, sugar and butter. Its origins are believed to be polvorones, traditional Spanish Christmas biscuits made with almonds, flour, butter, sugar, vanilla extract and salt. In Spanish, ‘polvo’ means powder or dust.
What are the steps in making Polvoron?
- Heat a pan over low heat then put the flour.
- Add the milk.
- Remove the flour and the milk from the heat.
- Put it in a mixing bowl, add the sugar and the melted butter.
- Use polvoron mold to make it into a compact bite-sized polvoron.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.