Most of the top realtors agree that weekends, especially the first Sunday after your home is listed, is the best day for home sellers to hold an open house. This is because most of the potential home buyers are off from work on weekends, thus making Saturday and Sunday the best days for holding an open house.
What should I ask at an open house?
Here are the questions you’ll want to ask while you’re at an open house:
- Why is the house for sale?
- How long has the house been on the market?
- How many offers has the seller received?
- Are there any structural issues with the home?
- Has the seller made any DIY renovations?
- When was the home last updated?
How do you hold an open house?
Follow these six steps to hosting your own successful open house:
- Step 1: Check out the competition. Visit other open houses in your neighborhood and surrounding areas.
- Step 2: Prepare a property description sheet.
- Step 3: Prepare and stage the home.
- Step 4: Spread the word.
- Step 5: Be a gracious host.
- Step 6: Follow up.
How do agents prepare for an open house?
Open House Tips For Realtors – 19 Tricks For Massive Success
- Be Consistent.
- Choose Only One Area to Work in.
- Determine Your Schedule.
- Don’t Wait to Get Listings.
- Target Homes at the Average Price Point.
- Make Sure the Home Has Good Photos and Is Priced Correctly.
- Stay Clear of Gated Neighborhoods.
- Do The Work and Prepare.