How do you make the perfect nachos?
- Choose thick, corn tortilla chips.
- Don’t buy pre-grated cheese (ever).
- Don’t overcrowd your nachos.
- Never used canned, pre-sliced black olives.
- Don’t go fancy.
- Do serve the guacamole and sour cream on the side.
How do you make nachos so they aren’t soggy?
* To prevent the chips from getting soggy, sprinkle grated or crumbled cheese on top and bake them in the oven for a few minutes. When melted, the cheese will act as a buffer between the chips and toppings. * The chips should to be heated evenly and the cheese well melted.
What cheese makes the best nachos?
Hard, aged cheeses like Parmesan and pecorino have a higher oil content, making them hard to melt with a sharper flavor that will be overpowering in nachos. More pungent cheeses like feta or bleu also suffer from this problem, so melty and mild cheddar or Jack cheese is the best option for nachos.