How do you know you have termite damage?
- Discolored or drooping drywall.
- Peeling paint that resembles water damage.
- Small, pinpoint holes in drywall.
- Buckling wooden or laminate floorboards.
- Tiles loosening from the added moisture termites can introduce to your floor.
- Excessively squeaky floorboards.
- Crumbling, damaged wood.
How do I become a termite inspector in NY?
In New York, you must become a Certified Pesticide Technician by attending a NYS Department of Environmental Conservation approved 30 Hour Termite Course, and successfully pass required exams.
Is termite inspection required in Maryland?
If you want to buy a home in Maryland, you will soon become familiar with termite inspections. Because homes are such major investments, and because termite infestations may not be obvious, mortgage lenders require termite inspections before approving financing.