How do I choose a tax advisor?
- Ask for a Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN)
- Require a CPA, law license or enrolled agent designation.
- Look for friends in high places.
- Compare tax advisor fees.
- Reconsider tax advisors who don’t e-file.
- Confirm they’ll sign on the dotted line.
What is a tax expert called?
A tax advisor or tax consultant is a person with advanced training and knowledge of tax law. The services of a tax advisor are usually retained in order to minimize taxation while remaining compliant with the law in complicated financial situations.
What do tax experts do?
Tax Accountants examine, analyze, and interpret accounting records to prepare financial statements, give advice, or audit and evaluate statements prepared by others.