- Work with one agent. Be direct and ask your agent about terms of exclusivity if you are unsure.
- Be clear with how you want to communicate. Do you prefer phone calls, texts, emails, or face-to-face?
- Communicate your wants and needs.
- Ask questions.
What do you say when you reach out to a realtor?
Here’s a template to use when reaching out to a Realtor: “Hi [AGENT NAME], My name is [FIRST NAME] and I’m looking to purchase a new home in [LOCATION]. I’ve pre-qualified for a [DOLLAR AMOUNT] loan and am looking to buy a house that has [X] rooms and [X] baths in [LOCATION].
How do I talk to a property agent?
5 must-dos for brokers
- Be a good listener.
- Take notes.
- Be prompt in your response.
- Hand-hold your clients.
- Keep the discourse entirely professional.
Should I call or text realtor?
Phone calls and live in-person meetings are much more preferable by agents than texting since those mediums feel more personal.