Why is PayPal charging me a fee?
You will be charged a fee if you receive money from outside your country, if currency conversion is required, or if you send a personal payment using a linked debit or credit card. The fees also change depending on whether you have a consumer/personal PayPal account or a merchant/seller account.
Is there a fee to send money on PayPal?
PayPal lets you send personal transactions fee-free if the money comes from your PayPal balance or bank account, but, if you use a credit card or debit card, you’ll pay a 2.90% fee plus an additional fixed fee based on the currency. You’ll also pay fees for international personal transactions.
How do I avoid PayPal fees?
- Opt to Be Paid Less Often.
- Change How You Withdraw Your Money From PayPal.
- Use Accounting Software to Lower PayPal Fees.
- Ask to Be Paid as a Friend or Family.
- Factor PayPal Fees into Your Payment Equation.
- Accept Other Forms of Payment.
- Use a PayPal Alternative.
- Include PayPal Fees as a Tax Deduction.