You don’t need one. San Francisco renters have traditionally been more do-it-yourself. Unlike New York City, we don’t use brokers.
Are rents coming down in San Francisco?
Rents in San Francisco, Oakland, and Berkeley metro areas are still down around three percent compared to pre-pandemic rates. In San Jose, Sunnyvale, and Santa Clara metro areas rents are down just over one percent from pre-pandemic, according to data compiled from Apartment List.
Can you negotiate rent in San Francisco?
Because of all that, San Francisco, as well as other major cities, now boast a renter’s market — the first in over a decade. Stories have come out about locals successfully negotiating a rent reduction with their landlords, who are incentivized to have them stay and not have to search for another tenant.
What is the best website for finding rental homes?
- Apartments.com: Best overall.
- Zillow: Best for location-based rental searches.
- Craigslist: Best free option.
- PadMapper: Best for extras.
- Zumper: Best startup app for rentals.
- HotPads: Best for big city searches.
- Rent.com: Best for first-time renters.