How do I get started as a Freelance Writer?
- Research the freelance writing industry.
- Develop necessary business skills.
- Ensure you have the tools of the trade.
- Understand current writing conventions.
- Work on improving your writing skills.
- Decide on a writing niche.
- Create a writing portfolio.
- Market your writing.
How do freelance writers make extra money?
- Learn about your income.
- Set goals.
- Raise your rates.
- Spend less time on lower paying projects.
- Find higher paying clients.
- Set your new rates.
- 20 Websites for Finding Paid Writing Gigs.
How are freelance writers paid?
Most businesses hiring freelance writers will prefer to pay by the project or by retainer if they’re going to want regular ongoing work. Consumer magazines, online and off, generally pay per word for articles. Trade magazines can be either per-word or a flat fee.