There’s a great new street food pop-up to warm you up this winter and it’s landed in Union Yard, Southwark. We’re not talking about the crazy-busy Christmas fair tourist trap type catastrophe, but a proper, decent street food gathering laced with good food, fine drinks and live music.
TASTE Street Food is playing host to 20 food stalls, craft beer providers and not forgetting mulled wine distributors. The market is open from 11am til 9pm every day, but only for 9 days in the lead up to Christmas (15th-23rd December), so get yourself down there before it’s too late!
We headed down to meet the temporary residents and sample a little of what’s on offer.
- El Peruanito – offering up traditional Peruvian Anticuchos (skewers of meat), giant corn or tasty burgers with Peruvian toppings
- Craft Beer Bus – for all of your craft beer and mulled wine needs
- The Coffee Camper – coffee and sweet treats galore
- Made of Dough – unique handmade pizza joy
- Pulled UK – pulled meat isn’t just about the pork, meat-lovers can sample pulled lamb, pork, chicken or beef
- Fish Dogs – fed up of sausages in your rolls? How about a slab of fish instead? A cool new take from Hix Restaurants on the fish finger sandwich is upon us
- Katie’s Cornish Hot Pots – good hearty food and veggie options too from this great Cornish stall
- The Cheese Truck – melty, cheesey, gooey goodness
- Crepe Lucette – offering all of your fav crepe fillings,freshly made in front of you
- Pop Dogs – hot dogs with some severe attitude!
- Benson Blakes – award-winning burgers in a number of tasty flavours
- The Lamb Shack – for the lamb lovers of the world!
- Mamas Jerk Station – serving up some very warm and tingly foods for you
- Spanish Lab – creating fresh paellas each day to deliver a little taster of Espana
Hints & tips
You don’t need me to tell you that it’s absolutely freezing outside lately and as this venue is outdoors, you will need to wrap up. There are benches and tables to sit around that are sheltered by the arches but no heating (maybe something for next year TASTE team?).
Have a wander around all of the stalls before deciding which cuisine to indulge in – there’s a lot to chose from and you don’t want to regret your choice.
You will need to take cash, as is usually the case with street markets.
Address: TASTE Street Food, Winter Market Pop Up, UNION YARD, Union Street, Southwark, SE1 0RL