The Taste of London events are becoming a regular fixture in every City foodie’s diaries and next weekend sees the return of the winter show. Located in London’s East End, Tobacco Dock is a beautiful location that gets totally transformed when this festival is in town. This is the perfect way to get in the mood for Christmas and to get stocked up on tasty treats and perfect presents. Catch the show from 20th-23rd November.
The theme for 2014 is ‘Forgotten Foods’. The chefs and restaurants will be looking at ingredients, skills and techniques not commonly used today and bringing them to life at the event. Taking inspiration from previous generations they will use wild British ingredients often ignored and show visitors where to find them and how to cook them.
Food enthusiasts will be able to taste a whole host of sumptuous dishes from the very best of London’s restaurant scene. Try food with a Peruvian flair from Andina or sample Ember Yard or Brindisa’s tapas inspired delights. Newly launched gem Kurobuta will be making their Taste debut with moreish Japanese fare and Assado and Rota Chai will be bringing a spicy element to the festival. East London favourite Hixter will also appear to showcase their chicken and steak inspired menu. Shake Shack will be serving their signature burgers and Gaucho will be dishing up classic Argentine steaks.
Three time Best in Taste winner Pascal Aussignac of Club Gascon will be returning to the festival this year alongside many other Taste favourites including Barbecoa, Benares and The Truscott Arms.
Visitors will also have a chance to see their culinary idols in action around the festival and in the Electrolux Taste Theatre. Raymond Blanc will be championing lost heritage fruit and vegetables as his ‘forgotten food’. Raymond’s demo will feature a variety of these rare produce, as he explains ‘I have spent many years working with my gardeners at Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons to rediscover these heritage varieties, developing recipes which truly make them shine. I look forward to sharing a selection with the visitors at Taste.’
Michel Roux Jnr, Valentine Warner, Monica Galetti and Simon Rogan will also all be cooking up winter feasts and sharing their top seasonal tips. Arguably one of the most talked about chefs of 2014 so far, Nuno Mendes will also be appearing. Grill lovers will also have a chance to brush up on their techniques when BBQ maestro Neil Rankin takes control of the Fire Pit.
2014 Festival Highlights include:
- Catch the latest food trends from the culinary masters in the Electrolux Taste Theatre as they showcase their skills and free your inner chef – and learn the tricks of the trade with the pros in the Electrolux Chefs’ Secrets hands-on Masterclass
- Come and visit the Electrolux Secret Ingredient and have an unforgettable sensory experience involving sound, smell, touch and taste using naturally sourced, matched seasonal ingredients. Visitors can see Tom Kitchin, Jonray and Peter Sanchez-Iglesias and Colin McGurran cooking up a storm
- The Fire Pit is back! From char-grilled deer to flame-smoked salmon – watch your favourite chefs bring the BBQ to life this winter
- The Laurent-Perrier Bar will be back again and visitors can this year sample their elegant new cocktail the LP Winter. A delicious and refreshing combination of Laurent-Perrier Brut champagne, cloves, honey water, lemon juice, sloe gin and a sprig of rosemary.
- 2014’s Masterchef champion Ping Coombes will be teaming up with Malaysia Kitchen to cook up some Asian delights
- Pick up some inspiration for making incredible drinks at home from world renowned cocktail experts in the ‘Cocktails at Home Masterclass’ from Diageo
- Chocoholics can pick up some tricks of the chocolate trade with dessert demonstrations from expert chocolatier and Gü Head Chef, Fred Ponnavoy
- Visit Asda’s Extra Special Christmas chalet and let them spark your imagination with their extensive range of quality food and wines for the festive season. You can pop along to a live cooking demonstration, nibble on some festive treats, chat to their friendly experts or pick some top tips to help inspire your mouthwatering Christmas feast
- Sample delicious goods from 180 fine and boutique food and drink producers including the Meringue Girls, Big Mama’s, Popcorn Kitchen, Cinzia Cicolella and plenty more!
For more information visit www.london.tastefestivals.com and for conversations around the launch use the hashtag #tastewinter and follow @TasteofLondon
Tickets are available to purchase now from www.london.tastefestivals.com or by calling 0871 230 7132
- £19.00 – Thursday 20th November (6pm – 10pm) and Friday 21st November (11am – 4pm)
- £21.50 – Friday 21st November (5pm – 10pm) and Sunday 23rd November (11am – 5pm)
- £23.50 – Saturday 22nd November (11am – 6pm)
- £10.00 ( Entry only)
Ticket includes access to the VIP Lounge, £20 Crowns, glass of champagne and a recipe book