0 Flares 0 Flares ×
Cute little snowman biscuits – perfect for making with kids at Christmas time
Cute little snowman biscuits - perfect for making with kids at Christmas time
Write a review
- 200g/7oz self raising flour
- 100g/3½oz caster sugar
- 100g/3½oz butter, plus extra for greasing
- 1 large free-range egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the decorations
- white and blue fondant icing
- white and black writing icing
- 48 small chocolate balls
- Pre heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Mix the flour and sugar together in a bowl, then rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg and vanilla essence and mix to form a soft dough.
- Roll out onto a well-floured work surface and cut into rounds. Place on greased baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack. When completely cool decorate.
- Roll out the white fondant icing and cut out circles the same size as the biscuits, brush the backs of the circles with a little cooled boiled water and stick them to the biscuits, smoothing down the icing as you stick it on.
- Roll out the blue icing and cut out more circles, then cut these in half and using a little more water and stick on top of the white icing for the hats.
- Brush the hats with water in places where you want the sprinkles to stick and then sprinkle!
- Pipe decorations on the hat with the white writing icing, then pipe a small blob for the hat bobble and another for the nose – stick on the chocolate balls. Pipe black eyes and mouth then leave to set.
Tasting Britain http://tastingbritain.co.uk/