0 Flares 0 Flares ×
Royal China Club on Baker Street was recently awarded the coveted three-tier Pagoda Trophy by the Legacy of Taste Awards (the UK Chinese restaurant food awards). To celebrate, head chef Billy Wong has shared with us his delicious Pan Fried King’s Scallop with Foie Gras recipe.
Pan Fried King’s Scallop with Foie Gras
Write a review
- Foie Gras
- King Scallop in shell
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Red Wine
Preparing the Foie Gras
- Cut a piece of Foie Gras the same size as the scallop; season with a bit of salt and white pepper, than coated slight with flour.
- Wait till the pan is hot, and then put the piece of Foie Gras in to pan fried, keeping medium flame and no need for oil.
- After about 1 minute the natural fat of the Foie Gras will melt.
- Take out the Foie Gras and get rid of the fat, the repeat the same frying process on the other side.
Preparing the Scallop
- Separate the king’s scallop from the shell and rinse under the tap.
- Soak up the excessive water with a clean cloth.
- Heat up the pan and put in a few drops of olive oil.
- Pan fried the scallop until slightly brown.
- Turn round the scallop and fried the other side until slight brown.
Preparing the sauce
- Warm up the pan.
- Add finely chopped shallot and red wine.
- Use medium flame and keep stirring till warm.
- Sprinkle a bit of black pepper on top.
- Sandwich the cooked scallop on a plate with 2 pieces of the prepared Foie Gras. Pour the sauce on top and serve.
Tasting Britain http://tastingbritain.co.uk/