Another recipe we modified that tries to balance out the ‘Brutness’ (should I say ‘brutality’? ahahahahahaha) of Lanson‘s delicious Black Label Champagne with a few substances that’ll stimulate other regions of your tongue…
The sloe gin gives it a bit of a sweetness, where the rum gives it some of that warmth and body. It might not work quite so well with a dark rum but I’d like to try it anyway.
Feel free to substitute out the Lanson with something a little less sharp a sweeter flavour. Or try it with lemon juice if you’re a goddamn maniac… :3
- Lanson Black Label Brut Champagne
- Hayman's Sloe Gin
- Bundaberg Original Rum
- A Lime
- A Strawberry
- In a large wine glass pour one standard measure of your sloe gin and another standard measure of your light rum
- Add a healthy squeeze of lime juice
- Now fill to the top with champagne
- Garnish with a slice of strawberry
- Drink that shit son
- The original recipe called for peach brandy, but we used sloe gin - which is sweet and I think a little more subtle in taste...