0 Flares 0 Flares ×
A real crowd pleaser – and incredibly easy too: no cooking required. This was created for Divine by young chef Sam Stern.
Divine Fridge Cake
A real crowd pleaser - and incredibly easy too: no cooking required. This was created for Divine by young chef Sam Stern.
Write a review
2 hr 10 min
2 hr 10 min
- 200g Divine Milk Chocolate
- 100g Divine 70% Dark Chocolate
- Rind of 1/2 orange, finely grated
- 4 tbsps golden syrup
- 175g butter
- 175g digestive biscuits
- 125g raisins
- 100g glace cherries, washed, dried and quartered
- 75g dried apricots finely chopped
- Handful of flaked almonds or chopped hazelnuts (optional)
- Break up chocolate and put into heatproof bowl along with orange rind, syrup and butter.
- Set over pan of hot, but not boiling water, making sure the base of the bowl does not touch the water.
- Leave to melt, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bowl from pan.
- Break biscuits into multi-sized chunks with a rolling pin in a freezer bag.
- Place in a second bowl along with the dried fruit, cherries and nuts.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the biscuit/fruit mix and stir until coated.
- Pour into a lined 20.5cm tin, then leave to cool.
- Put in fridge for 2 hours.
- Cut into squares to serve.
Tasting Britain http://tastingbritain.co.uk/