Are you a fan of Asian curries? If so we have some great news for you … the fifth Asian Curry Awards are now open for nomination. So why not put your favourite restaurant up for an award?
Who can be nominated?
The competition is open to all Asian restaurants including Indian, Bangladeshi, Chinese, Thai, Japanese and Malaysian, that have been trading for at least 12 months and have a minimum 4-star hygiene rating, with a plan to boost this to 5 stars.
Curry lovers can nominate their favourite restaurants and chefs online via www.asiancurryawards.com. Voting closes 16th September.
How does it work?
Leading restaurants will be visited unannounced by a panel of judges led by Pat Chapman, editor of the Cobra Good Curry Guide to ensure a truly representative customer dining experience. Participating restaurants will be required to send the ACA meal four complimentary vouchers, which will be presented at the end of the meal.
Judging looks at the quality of the food and cooking, ambience, customer service and hygeine. Short-listed chefs will compete in a live cook off in London on 5th October. Then the winners will be announced at an awards ceremony at the London Hilton on Park Lane in Mayfair on Sunday 15th November 2015.
Nominations forms and details of the whole awards process may be downloaded from the ACA website www.asiancurryawards.com.
The full list of national award categories is:
- Best Asian Restaurant of the Year
- Best East Asian Takeaway/Delivery of the Year
- Best South Asian Takeaway/Delivery of the Year
- Newcomer of the Year (restaurants established less than 3 years)
- Best Asian & Oriental Chef of the Year (International)
- Young Asian & Oriental Chef of the Year (under 30)
- East Asian Restaurant of the Year
- Best International Asian Restaurant
- Lifetime Achievement Award
There are also 10 regional awards for the Best South Asian restaurants in London, London suburbs, South East, South West, East, South Coast, North, Midlands, Wales and Scotland & Northern Ireland.